Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Created to create!!!!

We are busy going through The Truth Project (http://wwwthetruthproject.org).  It is looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses in great detail the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life. It is convicting and just so stimulating for great meditation on God’s amazing Word.

This last Sunday’s lesson  was about labor.  He just reminded us again that God created the world, looked at it and saw that it was good.  He stamped us with His divine image has given us the privilege of of being his creative stewards.  He said it was like God made this huge sand box and put us in it and said play!!!! Create!!!!

Society changes our world view to believe that work is a curse, when that is not what God said.  God said cursed is the ground, it will bring forth thorns and thistles and make it hard now for us to work the earth. Before the fall it was like being in a canoe down stream.  You have to use your paddle every so often,  after the fall you are now up stream! You have to use your paddle every moment and it is hard work to be in the water!  In the garden, there was abundance and work was without sweat, God cursed the earth and took away His grace of abundance.

Soli Deo Glory!!! 1 Cor 10:31 For God’s glorify alone.  Bach, one of my favorite composers, wrote SDG at the end of his scores…..he said:

The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul. —J.S. Bach

It just made me think this week of how I’m doing in my “working the earth”. You know in the simple things, like my house work and daily things like the way I spent money and the way I parent.  How well do I do it and with what attitude?  Do I see this as a gift, as being God’s steward?  To take my abilities to it’s full and bless man(which is my family) and glorify God

Work is profitable, good, and to be pursued; laziness is not (Prov. 14:23, 2 Thess. 3:10).

image

So I want to share with you my way of planning my week and cleaning my house.  I truly believe that this way able me to be a better mom and wife.  Through this I can spent quality and quantity time with my family and our home can be a haven to my family.  And we can be hospitable at any moment if the need arise. 

I’ve learned these ways from my mom who is a perfectionist in her home even though she has a housekeeper, she nevertheless trains her to keep her house in perfect order. Some of it I’ve learned from older woman the past eight years, who blessed me with there time and transparentsy.

No comments: