Thursday, August 06, 2009

Being healthy and exercising!

A view weeks ago I found out that I suffer from Heart Arrhythmia.  It is Premature ventricular contractions. PVCs are premature because they occur before the regular heartbeat.

That has been such an eye opener to me of how important it is to live healthy and to make wise choices when it comes to your our bodies.  See, in the past I thought I could eat what ever I want….because I kind of could(being 30 change that dramatically for me) and I use to lift up whatever and however.  I often slept 5 ours a night, and drink 6 or 7 cups of coffee with 2 spoons of sugar each and I LOVE Hot Dogs and Inn-and-Out Burgers, animal style!  The list goes on.  But this last month the Lord just brought me to a holt with heart condition and made me realize once again, that He is in control and that I am a steward of His possessions, my body is one!  So I had to apply Rom 12:6 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts and I had to go off caffeine and sugar, I had to go to bed earlier and I had to think drastically different about how I lift things up.

Rom 12:1 nailed it for me, Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Wow, this makes me teary…so cool!

exercise-cartoon (2)

So I started also to exercise again(one of the requirements of being 30), and I have to admit, it is a struggle.  Not because I do not like it, but because it take so much time.  I’m doing a exercising DVD, so that I cut down on gym fee’s and the time of going to the gym.  But still it is 30 min in my day that is just difficult to be faithful too.  So I’ve been trying to make it for the past two weeks and then I fail and then I feel bad and then I took tons of time to figure out how to fit it into my schedule and before I knew, I was spending all this time thinking of exercising.  Well today the Holy Spirit reminded me of

1 Tim 4:7&8  But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

This lifted so much pressure of me to just get my focus right and to set my mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.(Col 3:2)  I just realized once again what a privilege it is to be a believer.  God is so faithful to bring us back. It is so simple to be a believer, because we have this amazing book that give us so much guidance in our every day life.  Praise the Lord!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that's a scary thing to discover about yourself. hang in there with eating right and exercising. i take cael on walks and find that easier to do than tapes which i get bored easily from. maybe take your girls with you on walks? it's so pretty up there i'm sure you have pretty places to discover. take care of yourself!!

hylytylr said...

Thank you for the reminders. Brent and I will be praying for you. This post ministered to me and my heart.